Monday, September 30, 2013

Day 30 in the 31 Day Nail Art Challenge

Day 30- Inspired by a Tutorial

I have had this picture tutorial pinned on my Pinterest page for a long while now.  It is from someone named Manal S. at naildecor on Instagram.  Check out her tutorial HERE on how to create a peacock feather.  

Here is my recreation:
 The above are taken with indoor lighting and the below are taken with natural light.


I smudged the crud out of the thumb nail.  Sad face time!  That's what I get for trying to take pictures too quickly.

For colors I used similar ones to the ones she used in her tutorial.  The blue nails are OPI Fly and Essie Go Overboard.  The bronzy color is Hard Candy Beetle.  The nude base is Wet n Wild Private Viewing.  The feather is done with a matte black Salon Perfect striper and a gold one from LA Colors Art Deco.

I love me some peacock feather nails.  Super easy and cute!
See you tomorrow for the final day of the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment