Sunday, September 29, 2013

Day 29 in the 31 Day Nail Art Challenge

Day 29- Inspired by the Supernatural

This is another challenge that I have had planned since the beginning.  I pinned a cute Sugar Skull nail art design ages ago and now I get to try it for myself.  I have a crazy fondness for sugar skulls and other Dia de Los Muertos (Day of the Dead) themed things.  This holiday celebrated in Mexico is fascinating with its traditions of honoring the deceased (hence the "supernatural" element for me).  All of the colors and the flowers and the art and the music are just amazing.  And don't even get me started on the food.  I still remember the best carne asada tacos I ever had from a taco truck in Ensenada...drool!  I am pretty sure that I was Mexican in my previous life because I have such a fondness for the culture and the people.  
Anyway, as usual I am babbling so onto the nails...






 I used a white LA Colors polish, Black Pearl from Wet n Wild and a variety of striper polishes from Jordana and a nameless brand.  The dotting tools and sliced fimo cane flower wheel are from ebay.
  I absolutely adore these nails!  I love the flower eyes and the big white teeth and the little cheek dots and the colors and everything about them.  I wish that I could have this on my nails all day everyday!

Thanks for stopping by.  I may need to go get some Mexican food now with a bunch of cilantro and lime on top...

See you next time!  Only 2 days left to go in the challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment