Monday, September 16, 2013

Day 16 in the 31 Day Nail Art Challenge

Day 16- Tribal

When I was researching exactly what a Tribal design would be I came across a neat (and simple) design idea based on an Aztec tribal fabric sample.  It was a repeated chevron design with a variety of colors.  I decided to do the same thing but I used a different color combination than they did.  Also thank goodness that tribal stuff can tend to be very rustic, chunky and imperfect because my lines are just that.  I was using a very dim side table lamp to work on this and the lines are definitely "rustic" and "tribal".



To get this design I painted my nails white and when it was dry I cut strips of tape with pinking shears, laid 2 down on each nail and painted pink over that.  When I peeled the tape up I had a nice chevron guideline to trace with the polish stripers.  I just layered the colors next to each other in a random order.

I used Wet n Wild Wild Shine French White Creme, Wet n Wild Megalast Candy-licious, and an orange, yellow, and blue striper.
Thanks for visiting my page :)

No comments:

Post a Comment