Thursday, September 12, 2013

Day 12 in the 31 Day Nail Art Challenge

Day 12- Stripes

From the moment I read the list of daily challenges and came across Stripes I knew what I was going to do.  
So I have a thing for chewing gum.  I have at least 3 different kinds in my purse at all times and I often happily chomp away on it while I go about my day.  One of my favorite kinds as a child, and still as an adult, is Fruit Stripe gum.  I love everything about it : the colors, flavors, Zebra guy, and tattoos.  I especially like how it snaps and cracks after chewing it for a while and the flavor runs out (which we all know is too soon).
So can you guess what kind of nail art I did?  Oh yes I did!  Fruit Stripe Gum Nails!



It took me a while to find colors that matched the gum.  I did my best and this is what I came up with.  The pinky is Revlon ColorStay Buttercup and OPI Candlelight.  The ring finger is Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Petal Pusher and OPI Guy Meets Gal-veston.  The middle finger is Sinful Colors Unicorn and Sinful Colors Island Coral.  The pointer finger is Etude House Pistachio and Maybelline Color Show Tenacious Teal.
The thing that made it so realistic for me was adding the matte topcoat.  I used NYC Matte Me Crazy.
 
I love how it turned out and I will be doing this look again very soon.  Have a great day and go chew some gum!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. How cute! You did an awesome job, they look identical to the pieces of gum!! :)

    ReplyDelete