Friday, September 20, 2013

Day 20 in the 31 Day Nail Art Challenge

Day 20- Water Marble

Today's challenge is a water marble.  If you are unfamiliar with this technique the basics are that it involves dropping several colors of nail polish in droplets onto the surface of water in a cup, swirling the colors together, and then dipping your nail into the design for a swirly effect.  There are some great tutorials on YouTube if you search water marbling.  I will not be doing a tutorial on the technique any time soon because it is one thing that I just cannot master for some reason.  There are lots of factors that can make this technique tricky like the water temperature, the kind of polish you use, the timing of adding the drops, etc.  Anyway, the long story short is that I suck at it!  At least this time I did and after like 3 tries (times 5 nails is actually 15 tries!) I gave up!

Today's look should then technically be called a Waterless Marble.  I ended up painting my nails with a dark teal color and letting it dry.  Then I dripped  the teal and a gold polish on the tips and swirled them together with a toothpick.



 It is a nice look and would be fun to try doing this in other color combos and over the whole nail.
I used OCC in Echo and Milani 3D Holographic in 3D

Thank you for stopping by and sharing my failed challenge of the day.  See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment