Thursday, September 19, 2013

Day 19 in the 31 Day Nail Art Challenge

Day 19- Galaxies

I have never done galaxy nails before so this was fun for me.  At first I did each nail differently to try out some color combos, designs and techniques.   I had fun playing with the designs but the one I chose to do was my favorite design of the ones I tried.  It took the least amount of polishes and was the easiest to do as well.  I got my inspiration from a google image of actual space that had these 2 swirly purple colors.  Here is my recreation:
 The glitter top coat I used was perfect for adding the gold and white "star" effect in various sizes.  One coat on top and the galaxies were perfect.

I used a sparkly black holographic polish (no name-sorry), a light purple (Sinful Colors Sweetheart), a bright purple (China Glaze Flying Dragon neon), and a gold and white glitter as the topcoat (Sally Hansen Extreme Wear Glitter Gun).  I dabbed on the purples with an old eye shadow sponge but that was the only other tool.

This really is a fool proof nail art technique that I will sport again soon I am sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment