Thursday, September 26, 2013

Day 26 in the 31 Day Nail Art Challenge

Day 26- Inspired by a Pattern

For today's theme of "inspired by a pattern", I chose to do plaid.  Plaid is something I have always wanted to try on all of my nails.  I have done an accent nail before but never the full set of nails.  I wasn't looking at a certain pattern or anything but I did want to use my light blue polish.  Gray, black and white seemed to be the best colors to go with it.  Here is what I came up with:




 I used Wet n Wild Wildshine polish in French White Creme and Teal Slowly and See.  The grays are Sally Hansen Wet Cement and Sinful Colors Smokin.  I also use a strper polish from Salon Perfect and 2 nails art brushes (from ebay).

 I have some work to do on getting straight lines consistently (especially using my left hand).  Even so, I think it looks very cute and very Fallish since it reminds me of a cozy flannel shirt or blanket.  I can't wait to try this in other colors too.  Maybe pink and brown plaid would be fun or the traditional red and black ....We'll see!  Until next time :)

1 comment: