Monday, September 23, 2013

Day 23 in the 31 Day Nail Art Challenge

Day 23- Inspired by a Movie

So I pretty much knew from the beginning that I had to do a James Bond movie for this category.  I myself am not a huge fan of the films but my husband and sons went on a James Bond movie watching marathon this summer.  They watched the films (20 plus) in order and even bought the movie songs sound track.  If you sat at my dinner table you would hear debates over who was the best Bond actor, what was the coolest weapon or device, or what was the cheesiest line from the best looking Bond girl.  Needless to say I was and still am surrounded by Bond.  Thank goodness for nail polish and YouTube; both of which have kept me sane recently.

I ended up choosing the film Gold Finger out of all of the films for several reasons.  Number one I could use a bunch of my gold nail polishes to pay homage to the gold painted ladies in the film, and number two I could somehow represent one of my favorite characters Oddjob.  He is represented on my nails with his bowler hat which in the film is used as a weapon with it's razor sharp edges.  The tux of course if for Bond himself.  I had planned to do a gun or a 007 on top of the other golf fingers but I was using my left hand and it kept coming out so crappy that I just gave up.
 
The polishes I used from left to right are: OPI Bling Dynasty, Sinful Colors All About You, Milani Holographic 3D with a random black for the hat, and the thumb if the Milani 3D with Jordana Funky Gold Town on top.

I think it came out well even though I couldn't manage the 007.  I especially like how the lighting makes the glitter on the thumb reflect right into your eye.  Are you a Bond fan?  What is your favorite film?
 
Thanks for stopping by today.

No comments:

Post a Comment