Friday, September 13, 2013

Day 13 in the 31 Day Nail Art Challenge

Day 13- Animal Print

Today I chose a non-traditional animal print design.  I have been wanting to do a fish scale mani for a while now as I have had a fondness for Koi fish for some time.  I spent the summer in Washington D.C. one year and one of my favorite places that we visited was the Japanese Gardens where they have the coolest Koi fish ponds.  I am also an admirer of old school and traditional tattoos where Koi fish have appeared for ages in many forms.  What really sealed the deal for me in finally trying this idea was when I saw the new designs in the Sally Hansen Salon Effect Nail Polish Strips line.  They have a cool looking Koi fish polish strip that made me drool.

Anyway...after that long explanation here is what I did for today's challenge:

 I just had to do something different on the accent nail so I decided on this tattoo-esque eye for my Koi fish.




 I used a LA Colors white with OPI Big Hair...Big Nails sponged on top of it.  I coated that with Sally Hansen Extreme Wear glitter in Spark in the Dark, then I drew the scales on with the Kiss Nail Art pen.  The eye is Sinful Colors Endless Blue done with a dotting tool.

I am having a lot of fun doing this challenge. Thank you for taking the time to check it out.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment