Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Day 17 in the 31 Day Nail Art Challenge

Day 17- Glitter

I took this challenge literally and used fine craft glitter on my nails today instead of nail polish.  I couldn't decide which blue I wanted to use so I went for an ombre look so I wouldn't have to chose just one.
 These photos were taken with flash


 The next two photos were taken with natural light
 I purchased this glitter packet and the LA Colors clear coat at the Dollar Tree.  To do these nails I put one coat of clear polish, sprinkled the glitter on top, lightly tap of the excess, and after it dries for a minute or so do the whole thing over again.  I topped of the two coats of glitter with a thick coat of Seche Vite.

They sell these craft glitters at most craft stores in a variety of great colors to use for nail art.  I have tried this same technique on my toes in the summer and it is super sparkly and long lasting too.

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment