Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Day 25 in the 31 Day Nail Art Challenge

Day 25- Inspired by Fashion

I knew I wanted to do my nails like this the second I saw these awesome shirts in the latest issue of US Weekly magazine. They are from designer Lauren Moshi's Diamond Tongue/Lips line.  I love the bold, funky design and really who doesn't want a big pair of lips with a sparkly tongue on their body somewhere.

This designer has some very cool items in her line including many with my favorite motifs like skulls, anchors and bows.  I love the casual kinds of t-shirts she uses too.  Who says you can't be comfy and stylish?  Certainly not me!  Comfort is the first thing on my list when it comes to clothing.  Alright...on to the nails.

 I like the look of the clean white nails and then...BAM!  You have the crazy diamond tongue and lips right there. Here they are up close:

 I used all Wet n Wild polishes: French White Creme, Black Pearl and Red Red. I mixed the red and white for the pink on the lips. The striper in from Salon Perfect and the rhinestones are from Mash.  I applied the rhinestones with a clear polish and dotting tool.  The dotting tool and brush are from ebay.

These photos were taken with artificial light to show the bling factor of the rhinestone tongues.




I had so much fun with these nails today.  Have fun with your fashion and your nails today too!

No comments:

Post a Comment