Thursday, September 5, 2013

Day 5 of the 31 Day Nail Art Challenge

Day 5- Blue
I admit that I have a nail polish addiction which of course goes without saying that I have tons of polish in my collection.  My largest selection of a single color happens to be blue.  It is my favorite color hands down.  I wear it often and love how it looks on my skin tone.  All that said, this was the hardest challenge for me so far.  I couldn't decide which one of my many colors to use and I just lacked design inspiration today.  So here is what I came up with in the end. 
 I painted the whole nail with a light blue and then when it was dry I used tape to section off a triangle shape at the base of the nail.  I painted that piece with a darker blue, removed the tape and added gems.

Here are closeups in two different lights.
Here it is under brighter lights.
 Here is a look at the height of the gems I used from a side view of the nail.
These are the items I used for this manicure:
The gems are from Michaels, the tape is just decorative scoth-type tape from the Dollar Tree, and the polishes are Sinful Colors Grecian Sun and Essie Mesmerize.

I do like how it turned out.  It was easy to do and the little gems add a fun bling to the look.  I haven't used gems very often so I was surprised at how well they stick and don't snag with a good topcoat (my fave for gems and nail art stuff is Seche Vite)
See you tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. My "signature" color is pink but for manis I love love love blue!!!

    ReplyDelete