Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Day 10 in the 31 Day Nail Art Challenge

Day 10- Gradient

Today's challenge is to do gradient nail art.  I am really feeling fall colors so I grabbed a few and painted on this gradient look.  
 I was used a simple eye makeup sponge to dab on each color over a nude base.  I started with the lightest color 3/4 way up the nail and then layered the darker colors over the top moving up the nail a bit with each new color.
When I was done I added a light shimmery gold topcoat to blend everything in and add extra shine.

 The colors I used are Essie Topless and Barefoot, elf Copper, Color Club Wild and Willing, China Glaze Harvest Moon, and NYC Flashlight.
I wish my camera would capture the extra special sparkliness and shimmery sheen of this manicure, but alas it does not.  Trust me, in person it really just glows.
 
I am going to go stare at my nails now.
Have a happy day!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment