Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Day 24 in the 31 Day Nail Art Challenge

Day 24- Inspired by a Book

Today's nail art is inspired by the book Life of Pi by Yann Martel.  The movie came out this last year and I wanted to see it but we have this thing in our family that if the movie is based on a book you have to read the book before you can see the movie.  My husband had just read the book and recommended it to me so I gave it a go.  It is a fairly quick book to read but it really makes you think.  It is about many things besides a boys adventure lost at sea with a huge tiger.  As per usual the book is better than the movie.  The book explores religion and spirituality as the boy struggles to chose between Christianity, Hinduism, and Islam.  It also deals with human nature and how people behave in a crisis as well as fantasy versus reality.  I could go on and on analyzing the book because for me it made me look at some things differently and I was glad that I read it.

As far as the nails I had to get Richard Parker the tiger in there as well as the ocean and the 3 symbols of the religions that Pi explores.




If you are looking for a thoughtful read go check out Life of Pi.  Have you read this book?  What did you get out of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment