Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Crafting with Nail Polish- Candy Cane Clothes Pins

I love nail polish!  Lately I have been trying to think of ways to use my too-many-bottles of polish for things other than my nails.  This idea came to me when I was looking for a way to hang and display my Christmas cards from ribbon.  I had seen people clipping them on and over the ribbon with clothes pins.  Plain clothes pins seemed so boring, so I thought I could spruce them up with nail polish.  It works!
 The materials I used are pictured below.  You must use wooden clothes pins as plastic will not work.  I got mine at the local hardware store.
 I primed my pins with one coat of clear polish, then added 2 coats of white nail polish.
 I then just used my polishes and striper polishes to make candy cane type designs.  Any colors you want to use will work.  Try your favorite color polish, glitters, and whatever else strikes you fancy.
You can watch the full tutorial that I will link at the end of this post.  Below are just a few ideas that I have for how to use these darling clothes pins.
 Place Cards
 Label your dish on a buffet
 Hang holiday cards and family pics
 Hang stockings and holiday decor
 Spruce up a holiday wreath
 Keep a special recipe safe while cooking.

You can probably think of lots and lots more ideas...
Are they not cute?  They are super colorful and shiny!  Let me know if you give these a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment