Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Island Girl Mood Color Changing Nail Polish

I received these 2 Island Girl Mood Color Changing Nail Polishes in a swap.  They were purchased on-line by the lady I swapped with from the ABC stores in Hawaii.  There is a bright pink, almost neon color and a teal blue.  Neither bottle has a name on it.


Both swatches come out matte on the nail.  Both nails are painted with 2 coats of the polish which applied very nicely.
The initial color of each polish matched the darker shade on the lid as pictured below.

 I dipped my hand in cold water and the color of the pink polish stayed the same.  In fact there was never any shade difference or change in either hot or cold water with the pink polish.
 The teal colored polish did change in warm water though.  You can see the transition happening in the photo above.  I had just ran the tip under the warm water.  The full change is pictured below.
 
I am not a huge fan of the matte look so I put a topcoat on the nails to add a glossy finish.The topcoat did not affect the color changing nature of the teal polish.  Again the pink stayed the same color the whole time.  On the whole the idea of color changing polishes in a fun one I suppose.  I will definitely wear these polish this Spring and Summer- with a topcoat of course.  However, I don't think that I will purchase any of the other color changing polishes that I have seen around (Claire's and Icing both carry some in their stores).

You can watch my video of the whole process below.
 
 
 









 

No comments:

Post a Comment