Sunday, June 30, 2013

I ombred my hair at home using the L'Oreal Feria Wild Ombre Kit

I was bored out of my mind one afternoon recently and after seeing some pictures of ombre or dip dye hair online I decided to try an at home version on my own hair.  I went to KMart and spent $9.99 on a L'Oreal Feria Wild Ombre kit in 060 Medium to Dark Brown.  This is what the kit contained:
 

 Adding lighter colors to brown or dark hair can be kind of scary.  Needless to say I was a bit worried but I jumped in anyway. 
Here are some pictures of the whole process and what it looks like afterwards.


 The color is on

 40 min. later and I am ready to wash it out.  I can see that it is definitely lighter.  I am so nervous to see the result.


 Yikes!  Too orange!  I did some research on how to tone down brassiness and some people recommended Loreal Preference Medium Ash Blonde.  The ash in the product tones done red or brassy colors in your hair.



   It worked well.  Now I like the color!

 Here is my new look from various angles. It came out very well considering I did it myself.  I think it looks sunkissed and adds some interest to my dark brown hair.  My hair does not feel damaged at all either from using two different kinds of dye.  I am conditioning it very well though just in case.


 Here is before and after my diy ombre hair experiment.  Watch the video below to see more.





 

1 comment:

  1. I've just bought this package myself and I'm a little nervous. I recently tried to dye my hair medium brown, but for some odd reason it turned out entirely black.

    I soo deeply want my brown hair back, so I thought, that maybe this hair color could do the trick. I've not used it yet, but I've imagined starting from the tips and gradually move to the bottom, to get my entire hair lighter and get the ombré / dip dye effect, I hope it's gonna work! And thanks to your pictures, I see that the effect is not dramatic when working the 40minutes, which probably is due to your dark hair color. I hope it goes the same for me!

    I love you hair btw, it is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete