Saturday, September 28, 2013

Day 28 in the 31 Day Nail Art Challenge

Day 28- Inspired by a Flag

Can I just say what the what with this challenge!  A flag?  Really?  I had the worst time deciding on a flag to paint on my nails.  The US flag is well overused, as are any kind of cool pirate flags, and most state flags are either lame or have way too many things going on in them.  I was at a loss until I remembered a flag that I bought for my dad a few Christmases ago.  He actually has a flag pole at his little beach bungalow and was looking for cool flags to fly there.  I have Irish heritage in my family so I got him this Irish flag that says Erin go Bragh.  It translates to something like "Ireland Forever".
 I like the simplicity of the green and gold colors on this flag.  There are several versions or drawings of the flag online.  This image came from Wikipedia and I like the cleaner drawing of the angel harp lady and the white accents in the shamrocks on this flag.  I decided to recreate the shamrocks on my nails today. And yes I took the easy way out; I had no time or energy this late in the challenge to attempt the lady, the harp, or the lettering. 
I couldn't quite find the right color of green to match the flag that didn't have shimmer in it so I just used Sinful Colors Envy and a yellow striper from Jordana.

Thank you for stopping by and
 IRELAND FOREVER!

1 comment:

  1. Teresa, I love your design for the flag inspiration and what a great story. I congratulate you in how far you have come in this challenge and how creative you have been!! Thanks for sharing your stories. I love your blogs and vlogs. I am a polish addict and make-up addict as well. I have lymphedema and am pretty close to bedridden, I am so happy to have discovered YouTube and all you wonderful gurus =D Thanks again and can't wait to see what's next!!

    ReplyDelete